Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Pain don't hur't" Patrick Swayze, Roadhouse

Sorry for the quote. Those kind of written lines just had to be said back in the 80's. My other favorite is "I ain't got time to bleed." Jessie Ventura, Predator. Love it. Well, in the 00's, at least for me, I always have time to bleed, and pain hurts. Very much many. Since the beginning of July i have had this addition thing on my I.V. pole called a PCA (patient controlled analgesia), which is basically a button that i can push whenever I feel like i need pain medication. then a little bit of hyrdomorphine would come out of it and go through my line and i could feel it take affect in about 45 seconds. I could push this button every 20 minutes if i wished. Not going to lie. Some days i treated that thing like an XBox controller. Most days i really didn't have to push it that much.

Well, I found out yesterday, I guess, that my transplant is starting to work, and that the stem-cells are starting to graft to my bones and make their own white cells, which are up to 4.5( lower end of being considered normal) so everyone is super pumped and making plans to put me on oral meds and taking me off of i.v. meds and stuff. They would like to get me out of here and into local housing as soon as Thursday. We'll see. Anyway, setting a date for me isn't one of the greatest of things because it seems as though the plan usually falls through. so for now, please know that i am maybe getting out this week, maybe next week. right now i'm sitting here in a little bit of agony because they took away my pca! maybe i used that thing more that i though, but after 12 hours without it, i realized that i was defintely hurting, and defnitely not being smart about it. finally asked for some pain meds and was immediately better.

No comments:

Post a Comment