Saturday, August 22, 2009

DID IT WORK?

Hello, all. Still playing the waiting game over here. Technically, we are 10 days into Transplant 2.0, and the doctors advised not to expect any white cell production by at least Day 14, so it's just a wait-and-see situation here. I have been getting white cells transfusions, at first every day after the transplant and then having to back off a little because we are reaching the point where the doctors want to be able to tell if i am producing them on my own or not. In essence, it's kind of a big week, mentally. Last week I had all of these little things ailing me and I'm hoping it was more or less my body's way of cleaning house to get ready for all things new. This week my physical condition is much better, I just hope that one of those days will turn up a white cell reading. There are also the chances of false readings so I might not have a definite answer for all of this for a while, so please know that I will try to keep all of you informed as best as I can. I've learned that everyday reporting only leads to confusion, due to mild contradictions in information, so I'm just going to stick to the periodical updates in an attempt to weed out all the unnecessary information so that we all know what's going on. That said, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment