Friday, August 14, 2009

He's not going to start this Day 2 stuff again is he?

Yeah, I'm sure I ran that into the ground the first time, so I'll just try to go with an informative update every now and again. Technically, though, I am 2 days out from my second transplant on Wednesday. Everything went well on Wednesday concerning the transplant. It didn't consist of much, other than filtering cells from a bag through a tube into my body. I guess the big difference this time is that since the first transplant didn't work at all (after my white cells were killed off by the chemo, they never came back on their own) I have been getting daily white blood cell transfusions to help fight off infection while the donor cells sneak on in and try to assimilate to my body. This is great because it's like I have a line of defense this time, but a little confusing, in that any white cells that show up on my lab results right now are probably not mine, so it's hard to tell when or if the cells graft. The doctors say that it will take about two weeks time, in which they will back off of the transfusions and see if I start producing stuff of my own. Yesterday was great. Almost felt like i could run. Today my temp is up a bit, and i'm a bit bedsore from being knocked out and transfused all day Wednesday. Everyday is up and down a bit, but they are taking good care of me here and are pretty quick to address any issues or ailments that pop up. Alright, I hope to have nothing but progress to report from here on out, so take care. Also, God bless you and thank you to those people that have taken time out of their lives to donate white blood cells to me so i can have that more of a fighting chance. NK, EP, PB,(all Houstonians that have no idea who I am but decided to help me out anyway) and my loving wife, Stephanie. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment