Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 6

Today is the two week mark for my current hospital stay. No transfusions of any sort today, for once. I wasn't knocked out with anything... which made the day really long! I'll definitely need platelets and blood tomorrow, but for now i'll enjoy skipping my morning and afternoon naps. Still have the back pain, but it seems to be doing a little better. Today was comprised of a lot of Sportcenter, SVU, and anything else that daytime programming chose to play to death. Rainfest 09' here in Houston today. One nurse told me this is the first time it had rained in her yard since April 27th. Someone go check out this lady's yard, as it apparently is not applicable to normal weather conditions. Had my first Houstonian male nurse today. Nothing particularly different from any of the other male nurses i've been exposed to thus far; equally annoying with an overbearring need to project his own homegrown assessment for my back pain. Yeah, we get it. You're not gay. Now stop calling me "dude". Okay, take care.

1 comment:

  1. THEY MUST BE SERVEING ICE WATER IN HADES CAUSE DEAR OLE DAD IS LEAVING A COMMENT ON A BLOG! WILL WONDERS NEVER CEASE. I ENJOYED OUR TALK THE OTHER DAY. EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING ABOUT YOU. YOUR ON EVERY PRAYER LIST IN SOUTH ARKANSAS. I GUESS YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE MCNAIR STORY. SOUNDS LIKE A CRAZY GIRLFRIEND OR JEALOUS BOYFRIEND TO ME. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE HOGS TO GET CRANKED UP. I ALWAYS THINK ABOUT UNCLE HARVEY WHEN THE HOGS ARE PLAYING, AND HOW THAT LAST TIME WE TALKED WITH HIM HE HELD UP TWO FINGERS TO INDECATE THAT WAS HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE NUTT TO GET THEM ROLLING. HE DID LOVE THOSE RAZORBACKS! KEEP IN TOUCH. I'M ALWAYS AFRAID I'LL WAKE YOU WHEN YOUR RESTING. EVERYONE HERE SAYS HI. LOVE, DAD

    ReplyDelete